Sunday 17 February 2013

Cristiano Ronaldo - What he and they said

Ronaldo did not celebrate
after scored vs United
After the exciting match, there were many thoughts on Cristiano Ronaldo. It was an emotional game in both hand, and it produced a beautiful game. 

And, yeah. So, here's some quotes after the match. Thanks to RepublikofMancunia as our source





Ronaldo scores for Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo
“I didn’t see the replay of my goal but I will. They told me it was a beautiful goal,” 

“I didn’t celebrate the goal because Old Trafford is a home where I played for six years, and I arrived there almost as a kid. It’s not about not celebrating. I want to win but I respect the people of Manchester. It was beautiful and emotional to play against my family.”

“To play for City not United? I’m not going to do that. Why? Because my heart’s in Manchester United, that’s why,” 
“I can say it would be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very difficult to play at Manchester City. Very difficult because of Manchester United.”

“On the day of the draw I was out training and I had this strong feeling that we were going to get Manchester United,”
“And when the draw was made I was very happy. It’s a tough match of course – Madrid and United are the two biggest clubs in the world and it’s a real 50-50. It could go either way. Manchester was my home and still is in my heart. I love it. Because when people treat you very well you never forget that. And I will never forget United, the people who work there and the supporters. So I am so happy to be going back to Manchester.”

Sir Alex and Ronaldo
Sir Alex Ferguson
“One thing is for sure, he’ll get a great reception when he comes to Old Trafford and when he comes on the pitch,”
“After that, they can boo all they like! United fans have always been that way with players who performed for us. Players who are part of the history of the success of the club are recognised when they come back. We’re proud of the part we played in his career. To get six years out of a boy when he comes at 17 and played for us for six years, we’ve done well. He always had a hankering to go to Madrid in his career and we helped him on that way. It wasn’t disloyalty because I got another year out of him when he wanted to go the previous year. He honoured that and was fantastic for us. He went with our blessing. My way of looking at it is that we were lucky to have him for six years and the United fans would share that.”

“I’d love to see that (Ronaldo coming back to ManUnited), but it’s fanciful thinking really,”
“First of all, how much it would take to get him from Real Madrid, and secondly, I don’t think there’s any chance they would want to sell him anyway. But you never know. I don’t know when his contract finishes. He may want to go to another club at some point in his career and I’d hope he would want to come here. But that’s a long way off.”

Rafael Da Silva
Rafael blocking Ronaldo's cross
“I know what he can do because I played and trained with him a lot,”
 “So he’s not the type of opponent where you would say ‘he’s good but I don’t know what he can do’. I know what he can do. If you concentrate, that’s the key, reading the game. For me, he’s the best player in the world. I think he’s the complete player and I really like him. I think he’s the number one. I’m sure he’ll get a good reception back here [at Old Trafford]. I think it’ll be massive.”


Patrice Evra
“I have been in touch with him many times,” 
Evra and Ronaldo
“He still loves Manchester United and misses Manchester United. He has done some incredible things for Real Madrid, he broke all the records, but they didn’t show him the respect he deserves. When Ronny was here, he got the love from all the players, the manager and the fans. He is a winner. But he likes people to like him. He misses Manchester United because it was his house. I always say I hope he will come back because this is his home. If he wants to win the Ballon d’Or he has to come back to Manchester United.”



Rio Ferdinand
Ronaldo hugs Ferdinand
“It’s obviously going to be an emotional night for Ronaldo and a great night for him too,” 
 “But hopefully it gets too emotional for him. We’ve had a few texts, but when you get into a situation like this when you’re coming up against a friend, all the texts and the conversations go to one side and you don’t really speak until you actually get the game over and done with. He has a great rapport with the fans and there is a mutual respect between them both, which is great. The fans appreciated him when he was here and since he’s been gone they sing his name. He came here a young boy and left a world-class player. He showed a lot of respect when he left and still does. We’re going to have to use all of our experience, courage and ability to make sure that we stop not only Ronaldo, but the other players they have, because Real are a great team. They have so many other weapons. We could shut Ronaldo down for 90 minutes, but they still have players to hurt us, so we have to be compact and work hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Comment here!